Saturday, March 13, 2010

Getting ready

So, today I started taking PRENATAL VITAMINS. Which is weird to me, because I have never in my life taken any kind of vitamins regularly. They usually make me feel really sick, and I have even thrown up from taking them! But I know I have to do this because it's what's best for our baby.

The doctor told me to lay off the caffeine and gave me a list of foods to stay away from during the pregnancy. So I've made copies of the list and posted one on the refrigerator, and I also carry a copy of it in my purse for when we go out to eat.

I'm also supposed to gain a little bit of weight during the pregnancy, OBVIOUSLY. Haha. Just not too much, since I'm already a little chubby. And apparently being active in safe ways such as baby safe yoga is really good for you and your baby!

Oh, and the doctor told me that apparently I'm not supposed to be around cats while I'm pregnant because cat feces can cause birth defects or miscarriage. Isn't that odd? I never knew that at all. At least it's not THAT big of a deal, we don't have any cats or anything. But I guess a lot of moms to be have to go through the horrible feelings of getting rid of their little kitties. How sad for them =(

No comments:

Post a Comment